CUAA subcommittees are appointed by the Chair as needed. The Chair can appoint standing or temporary subcommittees. These subcommittees may include University members not in CUAA, but must also include CUAA members. Subcommittees serve as an advisory body to CUAA.
The following subcommittees are:
- Awards – Michelle Fields, Co-Chair and Marina Marchena, Co-Chair
Reviews the award nominations and presents at the Fall Forum and Spring Conference
- Bylaws – April Lewis, Chair
Reviews the CUAA bylaws and makes recommendations
- Campus Partnerships – Sophie Braga de Barros, Co-Chair and Michelle Coven, Co-Chair
Help foster relationships between advising and the various campus resources available for students
- Forum and Conference Planning – Helen C. Gonzalez, Chair
Helps in the planning and preparation for Fall forum and Spring advisor conference.
- Online – Gali Milbauer, Co-Chair and Jennifer Sheran, Co-Chair
Recommend best practices for online advising.
- Policy and Procedures – Margie Leonard, Co-Chair and Joselyn Naranjo, Co-Chair
Work with Enrollment Services and other university stakeholders that deal with policies and procedures affecting students and the advising community
- Professional Development and Advising Best Practices – Alina Dominguez, Co-Chair and Erika Cobiella, Co-Chair
Develop internal professional development opportunities for advising
- Technology – Christina Abdemalak, Co-Chair and Helen Gonzalez, Co-Chair
Responsible for gathering feedback and having discussions at the advisor level on the various technological tools the advising community utilizes
- Transfer – Jennifer Bravo, Co-Chair and Elizabeth Carrillo, Co-Chair
Recommends best practices for advising transfer students, develops common protocols and guidelines for working with transfer students, advocates for the transfer student population