CUAA subcommittees are appointed by the Chair as needed. The Chair can appoint standing or temporary subcommittees. These subcommittees may include University members not in CUAA, but must also include CUAA members. Subcommittees serve as an advisory body to CUAA.
The following subcommittees are:
- Awards – Christine Angel, Co-Chair and Deyenira Gonzalez, Co-Chair
Reviews the award nominations and presents at the Fall Forum and Spring Conference
- Bylaws – Reviews the CUAA bylaws and makes recommendations
- Campus Partnerships – Help foster relationships between advising and the various campus resources available for students
- Forum and Conference Planning – Alina Dominguez, Chair and Gabriela Izaguirre, Co-Chair
Helps in the planning and preparation for Fall forum and Spring advisor conference.
- Online – Recommend best practices for online advising.
- Policy and Procedures – Work with Enrollment Services and other university stakeholders that deal with policies and procedures affecting students and the advising community
- Professional Development and Advising Best Practices – Develop internal professional development opportunities for advising
- Technology – Responsible for gathering feedback and having discussions at the advisor level on the various technological tools the advising community utilizes
- Transfer – Recommends best practices for advising transfer students, develops common protocols and guidelines for working with transfer students, advocates for the transfer student population