The Council for Undergraduate Academic Advising (CUAA) is excited to announce the new Advisor DRIVE (Directed Reflection, Intention, Vision and Excellence) program. This professional development program is geared towards academic advisors interested in growing within the field of Academic Advising and Higher Education at Florida International University (FIU). The program consists of workshops and speakers spread out over three full days (2 in Fall, 1 in Spring), along with an opening reception, networking, mentorship, and a closing ceremony to mark completion of the program. For the full schedule, please see below. Topics to be covered in the program are relevant to the growing professional in Higher Education and Advising at FIU. Also embedded in Advisor DRIVE is a mentorship portion, where participants are matched with leaders in the University Community who can guide them through their own professional development. Advisor DRIVE is structured in a small cohort system allowing for deep meaningful connections among participants.
Please note. If you are applying to this program, you are committed to being available for the following dates:
*Dates for the 2022-2023:
- Opener: Wed, August 31st, 2022 ( 9-11am)
- Session 1: Wed, September 21, 2022 (full day)
- Cohort Networking: Wed, October 5, 2022 (12pm-1pm)
- Session 2: Wed, October 19, 2022 (full day)
- Cohort Networking: Wed, December 7, 2022 (12pm-1pm)
- Session 3: Wed, February 15, 2023 (full day)
- Closing: Wed. May 3, 2023 (1-5pm )
*Dates may be subject to change
In order to complete the program, cohort members must attend all sessions, events and participate fully in the formal and informal curricula. If you cannot commit to these dates please do not apply to the program this year.
Minimum qualifications to apply:
- Currently in the role of an Academic Advisor (1-3)
- At least 2 years of being in an Academic Advising role at FIU
- An above average score on advisor performance evaluation (overall average of 3.5 or higher)
- Support from direct supervisor
Completed applications must include:
- 2 Recommendation Letters from:
- Advisor’s direct supervisor
- A colleague or former supervisor
- Advisor resume and cover letter
Completed applications are due by end of day: July 22, 2022!